Sunday 21 February 2010

Mussels in Santiago

My final South American food post, and just a quickie.

In Santiago, Scoops and I went to the fish market in the Mercado Central. It's a beautiful old building, and the market is great to look around, with a plethora of fresh fruit and vegetables and, of course, an overwhelming array of fish.

There are dozens of small restaurants crammed in next to the market, and after perusing the selection, Scoops decided which we should eat at. (Naturally, it was the first one we'd seen)




We both ordered Mussels - different on the menu but as it turned out, they were in the same sauce only that Scoops' mussels were larger. Or something. It was all in Spanish.

Anyway. Great Mussels, absolutely enormous (by European standards, they're very similar here in Oz), and the simple white wine sauce was excellent.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a sucker for mussels :) These do look huge. Thanks for stopping by to say hi, and I love the name of your blog by the way, makes me drool just saying it out loud!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - even if it's just to let me know you're reading! ;)