Sunday 21 March 2010

Eveleigh Farmers Market (And Lunch!)


My first ever visit to Eveleigh Market and, to be honest, I love it. Granted, it's a bit smaller than I expected but I loved all the stalls there and I'm going back next week for sure.


The market was fairly busy, packed full of like-minded foodies (and Kylie Kwong), although it wasn't so busy as to be frustrating. Beautiful day to be strolling through the market too.


The variety of fruit, vegetables, meats, cheeses and everything else was fantastic, and everything was very reasonably priced too.



At the market, I bought a bag of these apples, $6, as well as a selection of cheeses including a fantastic NSW Brie, a bottle of Bell River Estate Reserve Tawny Port ($25), some great awarding winning Alto Olive Oil (and the guy let me have some tasty olives too for $20 all together), a tub each of Yalla hummus and capsicum salsa (both brilliant), some lovely, fresh Oak Leaf lettuce and sorrel, and a bright orange little pumpkin, which I haven't tasted yet.

Not the Oil I bought, but still pretty good!


An hour later, back at my place, Red & I cracked open the Port, set up a brilliant lunch for ourselves and sat back in the beautiful Sydney sunshine. 


Eveleigh Market (Every Saturday, 8am - 1pm)
243 Wilson Street
Darlington
www.eveleighmarket.com.au 

2 comments:

  1. i was quite surprised how reasonably priced things were too. i guess it's straight from the producers so there's no mark ups :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you finally made it there. It really is a nice market for great produce or even just a wander around tasting as you go.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment - even if it's just to let me know you're reading! ;)